Friday, June 3, 2011

gym weirdies.

Today I am going to tell you about freaks that go to my gym...

First, a little context. I am in the gym by 6:45-7AM Monday through Wednesday & Friday. I like to work out before work because after work I want nothing more than to be laying on my couch watching Lifetime.  My gym is in the business district so a lot people hit the gym before work. In the last 6 months I have really taken notice of my morning gym buds and have grown fond of a few of the real weird ones. Keeps the morning interesting as I silently judge them.

You have your typical meat heads that are screaming and grunting as they bench press 90lb dumbells or the super skinny girl that should probably get off the treadmill and jog right into the nearest McDonald's...I enjoy watching and judging these people but they lack that special spark that the real gym weirdies have.

My favorite gym weirdy is this older man--probably 65..I'm guessing his name is Buck. He is bald and thin. He typically rocks knee length jean cut offs, a multi-colored t-shirt that he has cut into a tank top, tall white socks and colorful Pumas (today he had on those toe-shoe things--hate those). He struts around the weight room like he owns the joint and will stare at you until you get freaked out and walk away from equipment he wants to use. After an intense set of 10lb bicep curls he takes a swig of his can of diet coke.

Guy is a freak. I seriously wonder what he is like in real life, does he have a family? Friends? 50 cats? Who knows! I did see him once in my office buidling shaking his head in fury at people who were not going through a revolving door fast enough for him.

It's weirdys like Buck that keep me coming to the gym each morning...thanks, Buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment