Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fave Skinny Girl Foodz

I'm kind of rainman-ish when it comes to the food I buy, make and eat...I have a set list in my mind when I go to the grocery store and tend not to stray too far from it (otherwise I would come home with oreos, dr. pepper and the latest issue of US Weekly). Here are some of my favorites brands and products I cannot live with out...


Quinoa
High in protien and a complex starchy carb plus the texture is to die for. I like to use it in stirfry or in place of pasta or rice. LOVE.

Greek Yogurt
I put greek yogurt in and on everything. It is a great replacement for sour cream on a taco salad or in turkey chili. Also works nicely as a sub for mayo in chicken or tuna salad. I put it in smoothies or mix fruit in to it. I am not super picky about the brand--I have been digging Athenos but they are all great!



Cascadian Farms Hearty Morning
Yummiest cereal ever! High in fiber and protein; low in sugar. The honey clusters are my boo. I love adding berries or banana slices. You can find it in the organic cereal isle at your local grocery store.


Jennie O Extra Lean Ground Turkey
I use this shit for EVERYTHING. I use it for tacos, meat balls, turkery burgers, stirfry, chili...great lean protein and you can season it and add it to any dish!


2% Cottage Cheese
Fat free cottage cheese is very high in sodium so I stick to 2% cottage cheese--it is perfect for a mid morining or afternoon snack paired with some raw veggies or fruit.




Starbucks Unsweetened Iced Passion Tea
Calorie free and so sweet and delicious it feels like you're cheating--plus it's hot pink! I add one splenda if I'm feeling sassy but it is pretty good without.

What are your favorite healthy foods?

1 comment:

  1. I luff Quinoa, I chop up jalapenos and dump them in there. It's so good.

    I have so many favorite foods, but as far as favorite healthy foods: greek yogurt, green tea, and franks red hot. I put that shat on errthang and it tastes soo gooood.

    ReplyDelete